What device ?
Under which conditions ?
On Debian Linux wheezy (actually ARMv5, but any flavor would do)
What to expect ?
- Use the modem — minimum goal
- Send an receive SMS
- Place and answer a call
- Establish data connection
What were the pitfalls ?
- The modem comes from China without a IMEI set. This prevents using it in most country in the world.
- The modem does not appear as a modem to the operating system until it’s forced to do so.
- The modem uses a non standard, non documented protocol
- The chinese software is buggy and freeze the computer which make it hard for reverse engineering